Forum Thread: Giving and the Power of Multiplication

Many of us have heard the saying "you reap what you sew". It is basically stating that whatever you do will come back to you in the future. Whatever you give you will get. How many of us have given much thought to that saying?

Best motivational video by regan hillyer

Chances are, you have heard that used in some sort of a negative connotation. Something along the lines of; a criminal gets caught and serves a jail sentence or a bully you knew in school finally got what was coming to them when they picked on the wrong person.

Many people have referred to this as a law, principle or proverb. At any rate, let's take a look at this saying with a positive outlook.

I am a believer in that whatever you give, whatever you radiate out, will come back to you. I also believe that it will not only come back to you, but it will come back to you multiplied.

Nature's example of giving and receiving – Have you ever planted a fruit or vegetable. If you plant corn what do you get? I hope you answered corn. If you plant wheat what do you get? Wheat. If you plant beans what do you get? Beans. If you plant money what do you get? Did that one cause you to pause a little? I don't mean literally planting money in the ground, but if you give in the right area, yes the money too will come back to you multiplied.

Isn't it nice to know that we can count on nature to give back to us what we give to it? Not only do we get back what we plant but it comes back multiplied.

When have you seen a corn seed planted and after the stalk of corn grows it only yielded an ear of corn with only one kernel? That would be a pretty funny looking corn cob. When the stalk grows it not only yields several ears of corn but will continue to do so throughout the growing season. That one seed you planted will most likely return to you a thousand fold. Wow! What a nice return on your investment.

Now let's relate this to our lives. You may not be a farmer but you can still plant seeds. You can plant the seed of a warm smile, a kind uplifting word, an understanding ear to a friend in need or a word of encouragement.

What would you like to see more of in your life? Whatever the answer to that question is, that is exactly what you need to give.

However, you must do this with the right frame of mind. Do not give just to get. Give with an open heart. Do not plant a nice word today expecting to get it back immediately from the same person you gave it to. Give freely to as many people as possible and in time, like the corn you will harvest the fruits or vegetables of your labor.

Please share your thoughts and especially your experiences with this idea by commenting below.

Be the First to Respond

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active